Before taking a look at the benefits of providing your dog with a raised dog bowl, have you ever suffered indigestion from eating a meal when you weren't sitting upright at the dining table? If so, you will understand that not being in the correct position for eating can produce all sorts of digestive problems and it is the same for your dog.
Think about what your dog does if you give him a large chew that he can settle down with and enjoy. Does he eat it standing up? NO! He goes off and lies down in the most comfortable position he can get.
By lying down, his mouth and neck are more in a line with his stomach. You can replicate this relative positioning if you provide a raised dog bowl.
Eating from a Funtime Feeders™ elevated pet feeder can make your canine companion feel like royalty, and who doesn't want to treat their beloved pup like a king or queen? If you want to give your dog extra care at mealtime, consider purchasing a raised pet food bowl.
* Raised dog bowls are regularly recommended by veterinarians for geriatric dogs, and dogs with certain medical conditions.
* For dogs with mild Megaesophagus, elevated pet feeders provide ease of access to food and water which can help facilitate movement of food when traveling from the mouth to the stomach and increase the angle of their esophagus.
*Consuming food from raised dog feeders place less strain on the dog's neck, hips, shoulders and joints, which promotes better posture.
*Less Painful for Arthritic Dogs. Some dogs, particularly older ones, have medical conditions that make feeding time painful or difficult; elevated food dishes often make eating easier.
* If drinking is painful, they can easily become dehydrated. Using elevated dog bowls will encourage aging dogs, especially those with arthritis, to eat and drink more.
* Dogs with Acid Reflux: One option may be to elevate your pet’s food and water bowls. As they lower their heads down to the floor to eat, gravity works against them, encouraging food and stomach acid to reverse into the esophagus.
· Elevated feeders can provide a benefit to owners of dogs with food aggression issues. A bowl on the floor allows a food aggressive dog to place their forelimbs on either side of the bowl and stand over it- a stance that can increase aggression through possessive behavior. Raised feeders force the dog to stand with their body at a pushed back angle, reducing possessive food aggression.
* Does your cat love to paw the food around the whole kitchen? Are you tired of stepping into kibbles? Our small raised pet feeders are the perfect kitty size! ...And the food and water bowls will stay where you put them!
* Using an elevated dog feeder keeps the feeding area cleaner than if you merely placed the feed bowl on the floor. Food crumbs will spill out of any food bowl, but floor-level dishes often trap these food bits underneath the bowl.
* The Marquee panel does not only display the artwork - it doubles as a splash-guard! And with the water resistant wipe-clean finish, water does not even leave spots!
* Easier to Fill and Maintain - No more getting down on your hands and knees to scrub the feeding area clean. Instead, you simply wipe the surface of the feeder table clean. And you don't have to reach all the way down to the ground to access them.
* Make the pet food “stay put”: It is not uncommon for pet bowls to slide across the floor as your pet is trying to enjoy his dinner. Switching to Funtime Feeder’s elevated pet bowls provides a stable feeding surface that your pup doesn't have to chase as he's trying to eat.
*Stylish Design - Many elevated dog bowls feature stylized designs, they look nice in your kitchen and complement your home décor
* No more hiding of plastic bowls when guests arrive – instead enhance your home décor with these raised pet diners, while your best friend can enjoy the advantages of a raised pet bowl.